International Child Support Cases

Child support ,child custody Child support and child custody is a complicated issue when it involves international borders. If, for example, your child is wrongfully residing in a foreign country, you have limited options and you might not get any assistance from the country they now reside in. We would need to become familiar with the circumstance of your situation.

An important factor is whether or not the country where your child is being held is a signatory to the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. If they are, the government will assist.  This is a multilateral treaty that provides for a method to return a child that is internationally abducted by a parent from one member country to another. The USA is a signatory. So, if your child is being wrongfully retained, we can work with the authorities on your behalf to assist in getting your child back to you.

We offer a free one-hour consultation and would be happy to talk to you about your situation. Click on the Contact Us button or simply call us at 301-738-7655.